We celebrate our employee birthdays with a homemade birthday cake of their choice.
This week our employee wanted a Strawberry Lemonade Layer cake, we wanted to share the recipe with you.
Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake
1 Cup of butter, softened
2 Cups granulated sugar
4 Large eggs, separated
3 Cups cake flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. table salt
1 Cup milk
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon Juice
Strawberry- Lemonade Jam
- Preheat the oven to 350, bake for 16-20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour and next 2 ingredients: add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low seed just until blended. Stir in zest and juice.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir one-third of egg whites into batter; fold in remaining egg whites. Spoon batter into 4 greased (with shortening) and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
2 ½ cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Process Strawberries in a blender until smooth; press through a wire-mesh strainer into a 3-qt. saucepan, using back of a spoon to squeeze out juice; discard pulp. Stir in sugar.
- Wisk together lemon juice and cornstarch; gradually whisk into strawberry mixture. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat. place plastic wrap directly on warm jam; chill 2 hours or until cold. Refrigerate in airtight container up to 1 week.
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
2/3 Cup sugar, divided
2/3 Cup chopped fresh strawberries
1 drop pink food coloring gel (optional)
1 ½ cups heavy cream
3 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar with an eclectic mixer until smooth; add strawberries and food coloring (if desired); beat until blended.
- Beat cream and juices at medium speed until foamy; increase speed to medium-high and slowly add remaining 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold half of cream mixture into cheese mixture; fold in remaining cream mixture. use immediately.